First, we’d like to recognize the collective effort of everyone who supported this fundraiser initiative. Amazing!
As mentioned earlier, we are so proud of our community and how we continually show up for not only one another but for people around the world. 🌏
We will be splitting a total of $20,000!!!
• $10,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross – Australia fires appeal, relief and recovery efforts.
• $10,000 will be donated to the World Animal Protection – animals affected by Australian bushfires; rebuilding ecosystems and assisting in the long-term recovery of animals.
Please extend our sincere thanks to your customers, family and friends.
WE ❤️ YOU AUSTRALIA!
Silver Icing is comprised of an incredibly strong group of women from across Canada. This influential group believes in positive leadership and taking action, especially at a time when it is needed most.
One of our Core Values at Silver Icing is the word “Community”; at its essence, our community provides a sense of support and for that reason we, as a community, are coming together to support the lives affected in Australia.
We are devasted by the tragedies caused by the wide spread bushfires all throughout Australia. Silver Icing is holding a fundraiser in an effort to help both our human and furry friends rebuild their lives as well as their precious and unique ecosystems.
$10 from each sale of our Australia Sweatshirt will be donated evenly between two incredible Canadian Charities specifically designated to help the Australia Wildfire Relief Funds.
• Canadian Red Cross – Australia fires appeal, relief and recovery efforts
• World Animal Protection – animals affected by Australian bushfires; rebuilding ecosystems and assisting in the long-term recovery of animals
Additional bushfire statistics as of January 2020:
• Fires have burned over 15 million acres of land in Australia
• At least 24 people have been killed
• Over 1 billion animals have been killed
• Over 2700 firefighters are battling the flames
• Almost 1000 homes have been destroyed
Join us, together as a community, in support of our Australian friends.
Sweatshirts will be made available to purchase in both round and v-neck styles, on Friday, January 17 at 12PM PST.
For more information on these charities and to learn more about how you can help further, please visit: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/australian-fires.